[ Mar 17, 2020 ]
[Updated March 17, 2020]
We will inform you of the Kanazawa University Commencement Ceremony Live-streaming page.
[Updated March 13, 2020]
[Change of the Conferment Ceremony of Diploma]
There has been a change of schedule for the Conferment Ceremony of Diploma which we have announced on March 11, 2020.
We inform you the new schedule of the Conferment Ceremony of Diploma as follows. Please check the new schedule and make sure there is no misunderstanding.
List of Conferment Ceremony of Diploma [PDF]
We will announce how you can receive the diploma of the College, School and Graduate School that are subject to this change through the Message on Acanthus Portal from the affiliated student affairs section or the supervisor. Please check the News regularly.
* The students who plan to receive the diploma but who show symptoms such as fever are advised not to come to campus.
* Only the students who come to receive their diploma are allowed to enter the campus. However, students, faculty and staff who have research or work responsibilities are not subject to this limitation.
Depending on how the situation surrounding the infection develops, there is possibility that the plans for the Conferment Ceremony of Diploma will change again. Please be sure to check the university website regularly.
[Updated March 11, 2020]
[Kanazawa University Conferment Ceremony for Diploma]
We would like to inform you of the Conferment Ceremony for Diploma scheduled by each School and College, as follows.
More information (A list of Conferment Ceremony [pdf])
For the Schools and Colleges which will not hold a Conferment Ceremony, personnel handling student matters and supervisors will be notifying you through Acanthus portal concerning the way you can receive your Diploma. Please make sure to check on the information from Kanazawa University from time to time.
* If you are planning to attend to receive your Diploma and have cold-like symptoms, such as a fever, please refrain from visiting the university.
* If you are not attending the ceremony to receive Diploma, please refrain from entering into the campus area. However, this does not apply to the students, faculty and staff for researches and business purposes.
Further, please be informed that, depending on the situation of the coronavirus spread in the future, the entire procedure for Commencement Ceremony and Conferment Ceremony could possibly change again, and we ask to check on the Kanazawa University website from time to time.
To All Graduating Students
To All Family Members of Graduating Students
March 6, 2020
President, Kanazawa University
Changes on Commencement Ceremony for Kanazawa University in March 2020
In consideration with the increasing spread of the novel Coronavirus throughout Japan, the confirmed cases of the infected patients in Kanazawa, and the “Basic Policy on Measures against the Novel Coronavirus” (issued by the Novel Coronavirus Measure HQ on February 25), Kanazawa University has been reviewing to hold the ceremony with the possibilities of downsizing and shortening the length of the ceremony.
As a result of careful consideration to prevent the further spread of the novel Coronavirus, we have come to a decision that the Commencement Ceremony scheduled on March 22 will not be held at Ishikawa Sports Center, and that the ceremony participation from students will be limited to the representatives of each Academic School, College and Graduate School, as well as the President Awardee. The detailed changes are shown as follow.
While acknowledging the excitement of those who were planning to attend the ceremony, we regretfully have reached the tough decision as we also need to take into consideration the new beginnings of the graduating students at new school or new employment in April and their family members who may be exposed to a risk of the Coronavirus infection. Thus, we kindly ask for your understanding in our efforts to prevent the spread any further.
The ceremony will be live-streamed via Kanazawa University website. Please make sure to check on the live-streaming page which will be notified at a later time.
[Kanazawa University Commencement Ceremony]
Ceremony Date: Commences at 10:00 am on Sunday, March 22, 2020
Attendees: Representatives of Diploma Recipients, Representatives of Graduating Students, President Awardee, President, Trustee, Dean and Head.
Location: Lecture Hall A, Natural Science Lecture Hall Kanazawa University
* If you are scheduled to attend and have cold-like symptoms or have a fever, please refrain from attending the ceremony.
* No entry near the building will be allowed if you are not attending the ceremony. We will also not allow presentation of flowers to graduating students and the tossing of students near the building.
* For news media organizations, in consideration of our policy change, we kindly ask to refrain from visiting.
[Conferment Ceremony of Diploma]
There will be no ceremony when all the graduating students gather together at one location, however, the Conferment Ceremony is scheduled by each School and College on Sunday, March 22. Please note that the Conferment Ceremony may not take place in some of the Schools and Colleges. The further information shall be posted by Wednesday, March 11, on Acanthus portal site and the Kanazawa University website. Please make sure to check on the information from Kanazawa University from time to time.
* If you are planning to attend and have cold-like symptoms or have a fever, please refrain from attending the ceremony.
* If you are not attending the ceremony, please refrain from entering into the campus area. However, this does not apply to the students, faculty and staff for lectures, researches and business purposes.
Further, please be informed that, depending on the situation of the coronavirus spread in the future, the entire procedure for both ceremonies could possibly change again, and we ask to check on the Kanazawa University website from time to time.
Enclosed: The Program of Commencement Ceremony